Learner Response

Editing video feedback/learner response

Create a new blogpost called 'Editing video feedback and learner response'. Make sure your video is on YouTube and embedded in this blogpost. 

1) Type up your feedback/comments from your teacher.

2) Type up your feedback from fellow students.

3) Now reflect on your video. Did you meet the brief and successfully include the three key editing aspects we have learned?

4) What were the strengths and weaknesses of your final film? Write a detailed analysis picking out specific shots, edits and any other aspect of film language you think is relevant.

5) Learner response: what aspect of editing did you find most difficult? How will you further develop your editing skills prior to starting the coursework in June?


1)



3) I met the brief successfully as I included the listed shots, a match on action on someone going through a door, a pan, a shot/reverse shot and I followed the 180 line rule.

4) I feel the scripting of my video was good even though i kept it short. I tried to keep speech to a minimal in order to create enigma codes for the audience. The cinematography wqas also another strength as i included a range of different shots. I used the match on action quite originally as I switched camera angle before the character had opened the handle which was quite unique and different. However i missed opportunities to use match on action in other scenes and example being the character coming into the building. Another weakness was that the audio was poor as i didnt use an external mic so that the speech wasnt as clear as you would expect in film or TV.

5)To further develop my editing skills i will take notice to more smaller details such as choice of camera angle and where to place certain scenes. I feel in this assessment I could have better placement and had better videos to choose from however i didnt pay attention to smaller details. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star persona Feedback

The rise of foreign-language TV: Blog tasks

A Field in England 2